Coalition Building and Communications
The Center for Community Resilience brings together organizations that impact child and community health – such as health departments; health systems, including hospitals and clinics; social services; and community-based organizations to develop and strengthen community resilience. Our approach facilitates collaboration across organizations and systems that may not have a health-related mission but are critical to influencing health outcomes and building community resilience – such as criminal justice, housing, education and the faith-based community.
Tools and Resources
The tools and resources outlined here are designed to help communities foster dialogue and develop a critical foundation of shared understanding of adversities and opportunities.
BCR Coalition Building & Communications Guide
These tools help communities and grassroots initiatives foster dialogue and develop a critical foundation of shared understanding for childhood adversities and resilience-building strategies.
- BCR Coalition Building & Communications Guide (PDF)
- Using the Guide: Webinar Recording and Presentation Slides
- Partner Build Grow Action Guide Tools (Excel Sheets):
Building Community Resilience (BCR) Communications Tools
- Pair of ACEs Tree
- Resilience Tree (PDF)
- Tutorial: How to Use the Pair of ACEs & Resilience Trees (PDF)
- Webinar: Introducing the Resilience Tree
- Worksheet: Pair of ACEs & Resilience Trees (PDF)
- Smart Chart and Message Box (PDF)
- BCR Glossary / PDF Download
BCR Pair of ACEs Infographic Templates
Customizable templates allow users to insert key local data to visualize their community’s Pair of ACEs, strength and resilience factors, and policies for building community resilience.
- BCR Pair of ACEs Infographic Guide (PDF)
- BCR Pair of ACEs Data Infographic Template (PDF)
Example: BCR Kansas Pair of ACEs Data Infographic (PDF)
Example: BCR Oregon Pair of ACEs Policy Infographic (PDF)
- Watch: BCR Pair of ACEs Webinar Recording